Ruth’s Way Is Looking For FOUR Interns for Achievement Consultants to help our young ladies to achieve their most successful futures possible!!!
*SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY: Send Resume and school schedule/hours of availability to email@example.com
STUDENT INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Brief Agency Description: Founded in 2005, Ruth’s Way is an Achievement Consulting Agency for Adolescent Females (ACAAF) who have suffered some degree of trauma and displaying behavioral health issues.We help these young ladies to achieve their most successful futures possible by showing them how to identify and properly address any barriers that threaten their futures’ success.
Job Title: Student Intern Achievement Consultant
Summary: Maintain consistency in, and fully embrace our commitment to always function within the policies and procedures of the Strength-based Family Worker model to carry out quality services from an empowerment perspectiveof helping our youth and their families to realize their own voiceandpowerin controlling their ownprocesses and outcomes.Deliver exceptional services from an empowerment perspective, based on the individual needs of our female youth and their families, in the areas of Family Development, Care Coordination, Life Coaching, Life Skills, Job Development, Job Readiness and Employment Soft Skills, and Mentoring. Develop a personal and positive rapportwith our female youth and their families which encourages them to live to their fullest true potential and develop positive relationships that empower them to succeed.Within this relationship, work as a collaborative team unit with our female youth and their families to devise the best possible plan of action to achieve the most successful results.
Education/Knowledge Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Counseling, Education, Non-Profit, Human Services or other related field, preferred but not required: currently enrolled in a Master’s Level Accredited College or University program for one of the fields stated.Experience working with at-risk children, female youth, communities and/or families preferred.Qualified applicant must havea sincere passion for advocating the success of our children, families and female youth.
*College credits will be provided for this internship.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
*Facilitate educational instructionof our curriculum for The Life Skills Just for Girls Forum.
*Carry out the Achievement Consultation processto help our female youth grow into successful women, utilizing the following procedures:
- Conduct assessments, reviews, and referrals based on the individuals’ distinct needs; derived from one-on-one collaborations conducted with our female youth and their families to develop an effective Family Goal Plan that reflects a cohesive life action plan to achieve maximum future success.
- Maintain consistent contact, with your assigned young lady and her family to review goal progression, of: a minimum of 1x/month face-to-face meeting & a minimum of 1x/week contact via telephone, text message, email, social media, etc.
- Teach our young ladies how to control their own destiny, through our “Blueprint-To-Achievement” which educates them on how to first properly identify, and then appropriatelyaddress their barriers to success, so that they will be able to manage future adversities through healthy self-reliance and they learn how to become effective problem solvers as they mature into productive citizens.
*Collaborate in weekly consultations with treatment team and Chief Executive Officer to discuss participant progress, behavioral patterns, and goal plan composition.
*Maintain accurate documentation and file maintenance submission in a timely manner per computer entry/database proficiency, and maintain all files, records, and information as confidential.
*Attend all mandatory workshops and professional development trainings.
*At all times, maintain and uphold the Mission and Philosophy of Ruth’s Way, Inc., always exhibiting the valuesand characteristics of a Virtuous Woman, and representing a positive female role model for all female youth.
*Follow all procedures and processes as established by Program Director.
*Other duties as assigned.
- Strength-based Family Worker Credential
- Mentoring 101 Training for Mentors at the Mentoring Partnership of SW PA.
- Crisis Intervention, Behavior Management, Suicide Prevention and CPR Certification.
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License- Student Intern must have access to a reliable motor vehicle, and provide documentation of current licensure, registration, and insurance.
Background Check Requirements:
- Required to apply for Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances (Criminal)
- Required to apply for current Driving Records from the PA Department of Motor Vehicles