Ruth’s Way is looking for an Intern!
STUDENT INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Brief Agency Description: Founded in 2005, Ruth’s Way, Inc. is the only existing Achievement Consulting Agency for Adolescent Females (ACAAF) in the world! We carry out interactive consultations (through reciprocal dialogue) with our young ladies and their families because we realize that THEY are the experts regarding their own lives and what success means to them. This allows us to deliver exceptional services, from an empowerment perspective, in the areas of Family Development, Care Coordination, Life Coaching, Life Skills, Job Development, Job Readiness and Employment Soft Skills, Mentoring and Counseling. The population that we serve is adolescent females ages 13-21. With over 20 years of Social Services experience, we form a phenomenal team of Behavioral Health Professionals!
Agency Information: Contact:
Ruth’s Way, Inc. Isis L. Chatman, SFW
11524 Frankstown Rd., Chief Executive Officer and Founder
Pittsburgh, PA. 15235 Cell: (412) 427-2472
Website: www.ruthsway.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: (412) 573-1375
Fax Phone: (412) 241-0378
Job Title: Student Intern Achievement Consultant
Summary: Maintain consistency in, and fully embrace our commitment to always function within the policies and procedures of the Strength-based Family Worker model to carry out quality services from an empowerment perspective of helping our youth and their families to realize their own voice and power in controlling their own processes and outcomes. Deliver exceptional services provision, from an empowerment perspective, based on the individual needs of our female youth and their families, in the areas of Family Development, Care Coordination, Life Coaching, Life Skills, Job Development, Job Readiness and Employment Soft Skills, and Mentoring. Develop a personal and positive rapport with our female youth and their families which encourages them to live to their fullest true potential and develop positive relationships that empower them to succeed. Within this relationship, work as a collaborative team unit with our female youth and their families to devise the best possible plan of action to achieve the most successful results, and collaborate with the team to develop effective Individualized Treatment and Family Goal Plans that encompass the physical, social and emotional needs of our female youth and their families.
Education/Knowledge Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Counseling, Human Services or other related field, and must be currently enrolled in a Master’s Level Accredited College or University program for one of the fields stated. Experience working with at-risk children, female youth, communities and/or families preferred. Qualified applicant must have a sincere passion for advocating the success of our children, families and female youth.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
*Carry out the Achievement Consultation process to help our female youth grow into successful women, utilizing the following procedures:
- Achievement Consultation Definition: To carry out the process of consulting, (which means that we engage in a reciprocal conversation) with our female youth to support them in determining the best plan of action for their unique situation. This means that we assume nothing, because each young lady’s situation is unique to her. The purpose that we serve within this process is only to support her, but she is the expert regarding her own life. Therefore, we work together as a team to ensure that she achieves what she feels would be her most successful future possible.
- Uphold and maintain our commitment to the Strength-based Family Model by carrying out all procedures from an empowerment perspective, and never, ever engage in the ineffective practices historically utilized by traditional “Case Managers”, of trying to “manage” the lives of their participants, by assuming and designating the best plan of action to “fix” their lives for them.
- Utilize Achievement Consultation: 1) as an innovative and positive alternative process for addressing the negative behaviors, repetitive behavioral health issues, and recidivism patterns that exist among our female youth. 2) to execute services provision in the areas of Family Development, Care Coordination, Life Coaching, Life Skills, Job Readiness and Employment Soft Skills, and Mentoring for our female youth and their families.
- Conduct assessments, reviews, and referrals based on the individuals’ distinct needs; derived from one-on-one collaborations conducted with our female youth and their families to develop an effective Family Goal Plan that reflects a cohesive life action plan to achieve maximum future success.
- Maintain consistent contact, with your assigned young lady and her family to review goal progression, of: a minimum of 1x/month face-to-face meeting & a minimum of 1x/week contact via telephone, text message, email, social media, etc.
- Teach our young ladies how to control their own destiny, through our “Blueprint-To-Achievement” which educates them on how to first properly identify, and then appropriately address their barriers to success, so that they will be able to manage future adversities through healthy self-reliance and they learn how to become effective problem solvers as they mature into productive citizens.
*Facilitate educational instruction, utilizing our unique conversation-style facilitation, of the following program curricula: Life Skills Just for Girls Forum, The Job Readiness and Employment Soft Skills Forum, The Smart Money Management Financial Literacy Forum, and The Virtuous Young Ladies Summer Scholarship Forum.
*Collaborate in weekly consultations with treatment team and Chief Executive Officer to discuss participant progress, behavioral patterns, and goal plan composition.
*Maintain accurate documentation and file maintenance submission in a timely manner per computer entry/database proficiency, and maintain all files, records, and information as confidential.
*Attend all mandatory workshops and professional development trainings.
*At all times, maintain and uphold the Mission and Philosophy of Ruth’s Way, Inc., always exhibiting the values and characteristics of a Virtuous Woman, and representing a positive female role model for all female youth.
*Follow all procedures and processes as established by Program Director.
*Other duties as assigned.
- Strength-based Family Worker Credential
- Crisis Intervention, Behavior Management, Suicide Prevention and CPR Certification.
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License- Student Intern must have access to a reliable motor vehicle, and provide documentation of current licensure, registration, and insurance.
Background Check Requirements:
- Required to apply for Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances (Criminal)
- Required to apply for current Driving Records from the PA Department of Motor Vehicles